WHMIS Total Safety
This online WHMIS training course will guide you through all aspects of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), from the classifications, to understanding an MSDS sheet. Our comprehensive course will explain in detail what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module.
The course has been designed to meet and exceed the Federal Hazardous Products Act and follow Controlled Product Regulations for any employees working with controlled products, so by completing this course you can become compliant with federal regulations and improve your knowledge of an important system in workplace safety.
The primary objective of this course is to provide participants with the skills necessary to protect their health and safety when working with, or in proximity to, WHMIS-controlled products. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Recognize the importance of WHMIS in protecting the health and safety of all workplace parties
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of all workplace parties in relation to WHMIS education
• Recognize and interpret product labels
• Identify hazard symbols
• Know what types of information are found on Material Data
• Safety Sheets (MSDS)
• Know the WHMIS exemptions and restricted applications
This course is 5 modules; 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete